As an independent organisation, Chilterns Dog Rescue Society relies on legacies for funding.
- Receives no government funding
- Depends entirely on the generosity of the public and
- Relies on legacies which are the lifeblood of the Society.
Your generosity will greatly help our rescue work and ensure our long term future.
LEAVING US A LEGACY
There are three mains types of legacy
- A Pecuniary Legacy – which is a fixed sum of money.
- A Specific Legacy – a specific object or objects, for example furniture, jewellery, paintings etc.
- A Residual Legacy – a proportion or percentage of the remainder of the Estate, which is made after the distribution of the pecuniary legacies.
What details to include:
The full name, address and Registered Charity Number (RCN) of the Society.
Chilterns Dog Rescue Society
St Leonards Road
Chivery Nr Tring
Changing your will is an ideal opportunity to think about Inheritance Tax liabilities and include a donation to a charity.
Once you have decided on the cause(s) you want to benefit, a simple codicil (an addition or change to your existing Will) is usually all that is required.
Any money left to UK charities is free of Inheritance Tax. Please seek professional advice.